Friday, November 20, 2009

A devotional question

In one of our morning devotionals, Angela posed a question "What do you think God is doing in Thailand?"

I am sure he is doing a lot. I think there are some great needs in Thailand spiritually. I am by no means an expert, but I feel that there are the following spiritual needs--

1) Thai Christians should frame Christianity in Thai way. Christianity is viewed as foreign. Thai people would then have to reject much of Thai heritage to adopt Christianity.

2) There's a need for a new Thai Bible that's simple enough for normal people to understand. Currently, all the translations I have seen are simply baffling. They contain vocabulary that the vast majority of Thais cannot understand. Simple things like "Golden lamp stand" and "the Lamb" are translated into royal language that robs its meaning to regular folk.

3) Thai Christians need to take care of the poor and do more mission works. Especially men!



1 comment:

  1. "Kids hunger for love there. And there's plenty of love and kindness to go around." Wow, this must be studied! Have a great 2nd Half you and the team. Give our church's thinking-of-you to the Crawfords-3 as well. Thanks for bringing us the news. - EPA Mike

    ReplyDelete