

We spent two nights in Bangkok. On Sunday, we hired "Mr Jatujak" to drive us around. We visited "Wat Pra Gaew", which is the major Thai national monument.
Bangkok was chaotic. It has a major trash problem, as people tend to just throw away plastic food containers anywhere they wanted.
After that, we went to visit my childhood home. I wonder if that old house hold a piece of me in it? The neighborhood used to be quieter. The Seri Village had been chopped up into many segments-- completely unrecognizable. I used to ride bike around those streets. Now a new main road had an overhead freeway and looked to be impossible to bike on.Do places have memory? I have a sense that there is no permanence. There's a sense of loss when visiting a place so foundational to my existence, yet so transient. We are truly sojourners here on earth. The only permanent place is to have our names written in God's Book of Life.
More photos here...
Childhood memories...wish the places could speak.
ReplyDeleteBoy! Almost unrecognizable except for the roof.
ReplyDelete